London abounds with choices, from museums to cruises to spots for tea. Here are five must-do items to make your next trip more pleasurable.
- Tea at Claridge’s. This venerable hotel offers an incredibly gracious tea, including Champagne, finger sandwiches and – if you attend during Wimbledon – pastries shaped like tennis balls.
- The Wallace Collection. Armor and swords mingle with paintings and furniture in an elegant three-story building.
- Churchill War Rooms. See not only the space where World War II strategy was hatched but learn about arguably the greatest historical figure of the 20th
- CityCruises. Relax while a witty tour guide shows you buildings both historic and modern along the Thames River
- Uber. Not as nice as London’s spacious cabs but much cheaper.